Sometimes, we need to take a day and just get away and indulge in ourselves. Self care is our responsibility and no one else is going to take care of this for us. Its important to remember that it is not just about mental health but also caring for your physical self. Taking time to relax is needed and it can be as simple as just going out to get your hair done or getting a full nights sleep. It involves proper hygiene, exercising, or taking a moment for yourself. These little habits can re-energize you and give you that extra boost you need some days. Even better, indulge yourself! I am looking into making an appointment for a prenatal massage as soon as possible! I do, however, indulge in a bi-weekly manicure and sometimes pedicure as well as get a blow out whenever I can. I recently went for a facial and it was heaven. Relaxing on the table for an hour while the aesthetician did her magic was just sublime!
I encourage all moms to make time for yourselves. Not just for that instant emotional boost but I’ve also listed five more reasons why self care is so important:
1. Self care reduces stress levels. Taking this time for yourself can lead to a more productive day which reduces negative feelings.
2. Self care is crucial for physical, emotional, and mental well-being. It allows you to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself and boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
3. Self care boosts personal happiness. When you feel overwhelmed, it is easy to feel like you are in a rut. Just my eating better, sleeping better, exercising, or just watching your favorite show will make you feel more comfortable and relaxed. This will reduce stress and increase happiness.
4. Self care allows you to refocus. Exhaustion can cause you to become hazy and unable to concentrate. Self care gives you that ability to focus and have a clear mind.
5. You deserve it! As moms, we are so used to taking care of others. We deserve the same treatment from ourselves. You are a superwoman who deserves to make herself a priority!
Thank you for reading,